5 Things to Do Before You Sell
1. Get estimates from a reliable repair person on items that need to be replaced soon (a roof or worn carpeting, for example). In this way, buyers will have a better sense of how much these needed repairs will affect their costs.
2. Have a termite inspection to prove to buyers that the property is not infested.
3. Get a pre-sale home inspection so you’ll be able to make repairs before buyers become concerned and cancel a contract.
4. Gather together warranties and guarantees on the furnace, appliances, and other items that will remain with the house.
5. Fill out a disclaimer form provided by us. Be sure that you don’t forget latent defects that might create liability for you after the sale.